Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30th 2011

Today.. has been rough. Very. This morning Alex pooped all over himself (in his morning diaper) instead of waking me up. I guess the silence and comfort of his bed sounded better than a cold toilet seat. That was fun to clean up. He was NOT happy about me wiping his butt.
He got dressed easy enough and tried something new for breakfast. Oatmeal. Could today be a good day?!!
We took the 45 min drive to check out a childrens consignment store.. which he named all the cars and trucks.. along with their noises.. the WHOLE ride. Woooo... lol
Once at the store it started. I was sure to watch him for signs of anxiety. It was a tiny little place and Alex saw directly to the back where the toys were.. The lady came and said hi and pointed to which rack was what size.. Alex during this if doing everything he could to get out of the stroller. He began begging and whining and yelling to see the toys. I told him we would see in just a min after I looked at the rack.. Not good enough. Louder and more kicking. I let him out.. so Zoey had to go too to be fair. Alex's hands were balls and pointing.. twisting around and his movements were very ridged. He jumped and made happy noises but they werent words.. it was just babble. For a kid who has a 300+ vocabulary and strings 6 word sentences I just dont understand why he does this. Its like his tounge gets fat or he cant control it. His anxiety overwhelms him. After looking at the toys and seeing a push trike he decided he needed to be on it. LOOOONG story short he was removed, talked to, relocated... he wouldnt stop riding it around this tiny store. Lots of screaming and crying.. yelling random noises. In the end his fit was so bad the lady pulled a toy off the shelf for him so he would sit in his seat long enough to get to the car. OMG.
From here we went to Target. We needed a diaper refill for him. We stopped at the dollar spot where there was a TON of hand twisting, and repeating phrases "kitty cat.. kitty cat.. kitty .. cat" and " I need a car.. I need a car.. I need it.. I need a car.. a car" ... he refused to sit in the cart so all of the chanting he was jumping in the cart aswell..
I looked at a rask of shirts for me. Alex started making a noise. louder and louder. I asked him to be quieter.. he yelled the noise. :/ I told him again how he had to be quiet. His response? "I SAID NO!" Joy.. then he proceeded to try ripping shirts off the rack. We went to get the diapers.
I made the mistake of walking near the toys so of course he screamed and jumped yelling toys and cars. I let him pick 2 little cars and he was happy. While walking off he saw SOMETHING.. who knows what and it sent him over the edge. Waving his arms sobbing.. yelling.. kicking me (at this point he was strapped in the seat). I tried showing him everything else near by.. tried to play a game of hurrying down the isles .. tried to let him pick a new tooth paste.. the rage continued. I rushed to get the dog collar and headed to the check out.. Hes still sitting there crying begging for the toys.
Once we get to the car hes happy. Hes talking about the rain. "look at the rain mommy".. Hes fine. Unloading the cart I found a $1 spot pig and a pair of socks... Way to shoplift alex. :(
Zoeys saying shes hungry so I pick up nuggets and milk and feed them in the car. YAY for him eating!
We go to a thrift store advertising costumes. Alex is standing in the cart.. fingers wild.. jumping.. yelling noises.. We get to the costumes and he is pulling at them again.. I move him and ask him to not bcause they will fall. He screams this horrible high pitched AHHHH!.. It made everyone near us stop moving. We walk down a different row. He sees the pile of crap toys .. and buckets of Cars.. good god we must stop. He frantically says " my fire truck" over and over.. he picks out an 18 wheeler and this is where it gets good. He tries to lay in the cart and drive it in front of his face.. well its a little cart.. much smaller than a normal one... so he cant lay down well.. much less have it in front of his face to drive it. He breaks. screaming kicking. nothing calms him down. We go to check out. Im holding Zoey because his fit is so bad I just know she will get hit. At the check out line a lady makes a comment about "shouldnt it be the little one having such a fit" .. I shrug while yelling things in my head at her that I wont put on here. It wasnt nice. Pay. Leave.. outside isnt helping.. he beggs not to get out of the cart. not to leave the truck. No car seat. no no no. They both scream and cry all the way home.
Home. He refuses to leave the truck. He wont talk to me. He wont look. If I come near him he whines about me not taking the truck. I try reassuring him Im not taking it but it doesnt matter. Hes gone. My guess is that he was beyond over stimulated and wanted to curl up with his cars to get away from the world. Sadly it was nap time and not an option..
Begging for "No nap" and "my truck" he eventually ends up in bed. Hes kicked me.. and ran a few times in the process of leaving my room and getting into his bed. I allow him to take the truck. I shut his door... thump thump thump. Open the door. Alex is kneeling by his bed driving the truck in front of his head. I take the truck.. I lay him in a HORRIBLE rage in bed, cover, tell him I love him and will see him later. I close the door.
I have a strong feeling he will be in lala land with his trucks most the evening.. and very tempermeantal.

No comments:

Post a Comment