Sept. 27th 2011
Today Alex didn’t want to wake up. It took 20 min to get him
out of bed. He asked for yogurt and 2 min later refused to even touch it. He
curled up on the couch and cried for a blanket. He kicked and screamed while I
put his underwear pants socks and shoes on. Once he was dressed I offered his
yogurt again. He held it then threw it back at me yelling that he doesn’t want
it. Then asked for the blanket again.
It was time to leave and he was very excited about getting in the stroller. He
kept telling us to come on and get the stroller. I opened the car door to pull
it out and he started running in the garage screaming and crying that he doesn’t
want the stroller. I told him it was fine.. he wanted it.. that its time to get
in so we can go to school. For once he didn’t freak out at the mention of
school. He pushed and wiggled in attempt to get out while I buckled him.
On the way we talked about the colors of passing cars. He was thrilled to see a
bus stopped loading kids. Once at school he said he didn’t want to be there ..
but there was no fit. I walked him back to put his bag and coat up. Once it was
time for him to get out of the stroller he tried to hold himself in.. kicked
his feet.. sobbed.. begged not to leave him. NO SCHOOL. Cheerfully I told him I
needed his toy car and he had to go play with the other kids – there were cars
in there to play with. He stomped the ground and held me… then searched for his
car. I told him again I was holding it until after school – and showed him the
boys playing with cars.. for the 1st time ever… He walked in on his
own and went to the cars. His fingers were winding and twisting.. he whined..
but he didn’t look back. He wanted the cars. I watched him play for a few
minutes .. he unloaded cars .. the other kids jumped up to play with something
else.. he didn’t seem to notice. I had to leave before he noticed I was still
there. I didn’t want to chance a fit.
I talked with his teacher in the entry way. She told me she’d be getting her
eval letter emailed to me tonight. That in the letter she mentioned how he
twists his fingers – is unresponsive and intentionally stares off lost when
talked to.
When I picked Alex up he smiled jumped up from his lunch and
ran.. not to me.. but out of the room into the hallway then in an off limits
room for the teachers. I ran with Zoey after him. Hed found a corner with cars
and was trying to get them. We did the 1, 2, 3 count and he told me to “stop
talking” and “no” but eventually wondered out.. to run past me to his
classroom. I followed to grab his backpack and he slammed the door leaving me
in there alone – him running the halls.. I ran after him and he’d disappeared..
He wasn’t in any rooms.. he was in the bathroom. He tried to run the hall again
and I caught him with my free hand to put his bag on him. He pulled and Zoey
and I fell on the floor. Sigh. Backpack on trying to leave.. he pulls and
screams to let go of his hand.. throws himself to the floor yelling and
kicking. I tell him we have to walk to the car .. we will get milk.. nothing
works. Finally his teacher comes and he withdraws .. stands up and stops
fighting me.. he then ran pulling me along. Outside another freak out about me
holding him.. stomping and yelling we make a game of run and freeze.. It takes
5 min. to get 30 feet to the car. I open his door and have him sit in his
seat.. I tell him sit there – I have to buckle Zoey in and Ill be back for
him.. Well by time I get to her side hes climbed to the front and is “driving” my
car. I remove him with a ton of force because he is kicking and yelling and not
letting go of the wheel. In his seat I buckle him as he asks for milk.
Home. His friend across the street is out walking with his grandma and the dog.
I tell alex to help me get Zoey out and we will go say hi. He jumps up and down
while I unload her then before her door is shut hes running into the street. I
grab his hand – he pulls to the side running. He slips, kicking my ankle
causing it to roll out and scrape the side of my foot.. Almost dropping Zoey.
Does he say hi to Connor? NO. He runs into the driveway twisting his fingers
jumping. After trying to get him to say hi since that’s why we were over there
I leave.. carrying both upset kids to the house. He refuses to come in from the
garage.. he wants to push the stroller. I close the garage, prop the door and
let him play. 30 seconds later hes in asking for milk.
He wanted an apple so Alex and Zoey BOTH got an apple.. he
bites his.. walks to the TV and drops it. Sees her with hers takes it and
throws her to the ground.. walks off expressionless to eat her apple. I take it
and tell him he has his own.. Show him.. Explain he cant hurt her like that. He
yells baaaaa!!!
Nap time. He wont potty. Kicks and yells. Pulls away. Wont
stand up. I am overly stressed and I spank him. Hes more upset.. all the above
much more intense. I pull his clothes off and put him on the potty. He says he
wants to stand. I take him off and have him stand. He pees. Take him to lay him
down for his nap. He refuses the robot blanket.. and the blue blanket.. he
wants the green blanket. :/
Its 1245.. hes asleep with the green blanket.
No comments:
Post a Comment