Today started so well. I was at a loss for words! No fight to get dressed - or eat - or get in the stroller. Walking up to the school building he said "school, Jayden, and friends, and Weston, and friends!" Once he was signed in he held my hand as I encouraged him to sit and color with the other kiddos at the table. He whined but walked without a fight. Sat and watched me walk away to put his things up .. he looked horrified but he SAT!! I waved bye and it was obvious he was ready to jump up and run after me.. but.. HE SAT!
When I arrived to pick him up he was laying in his chair play yelling .. and the other kids were under joining in. HUGE deal! Even more amazing.. I was asking a little boy his name and Alex told me his name. He said ALEX! Hes NEVER answered the whats your name question. In the parking lot he darted off while I put Zoey in her seat. He only made it a few feet before I caught him thank god.
Nap time was a disaster.. He didnt sleep.. instead I heard him knocking on his window and making car noises. For an entire hour. I gave up when Zoey woke up. He pee'd his pants but it happens every day at nap time without fail.. I guess we should go back to diapers for nap time. :(
We were picking up the blocks from play time and Alex disapeared.. he snuck down the stairs.. unlocked the back door and was out playing with his bike and the dog. AHH! Zoey and I joined him out there for some sunshine. He kept running the bike into Zoey making her cry. Yelling Alex stop, thathurts, you will loose the bike, 123.. didnt phase him. I swear its like he didnt hear a word I said. So he lost the bike.. There was a 10 min melt down following this.. resolved by a banana.
We read some feelings books and Alex knows the scared face.. but happy sad mad are all messed up. We worked on him copying faces.. eh, he needs some work with all that lol.
He cheered for pizza and gobbled up a few bites! Yahoo for eating!
The evening was spent playing with cars.. on the couch.. the table.. the floor.. couch.. on the TV stand.. the toy box upside down.. he made a road with blocks.. then back to the floor and couch again.
I tried to get him to enteract with Zoey and I by putting on the Alex music CD.. I think the music, and his name in the songs, and us dancing was too much. He started twisting his fingers.. hiding behind the kitchen table.. ect. I FINALLY got him to jump holding my hands but when I let go he stopped.. he ran and curled up on the couch with his cars again. :( I also noticed he would rub his hair a lot.
When Joe came home He jumped up and said a bunch of babble.. moved all over the place like a burst of energy exploded in him. Then when Joe started saying hello Alex whined telling him to stop talking over and over. Stop talking. Stop talking stop talk. Rubbing his hair.. hiding his face.. He got up and Joe kept talking to him and his fingers started twisting and curling.. tears forming in his eyes. I covered his ears to see if it would help. He didnt run or pull away but he was still freaked out. He started squeezing his eyes shut. Joe came to hug him and he ended up pulling away and ran upstairs to play with his cars. He whinned for me but Im not sure why? Came down happy running and flapping his arms.. pulling curtians.. total mood swings..
Our night is ending with a little Max and Ruby, milk and possibly a short story before bed. BTW- Alex doesnt like kisses.
No comments:
Post a Comment